The third-generation Apple TV 4K announced this week is a relatively minor update, but the device still has at least 10 new features and changes. We’ve rounded up everything new with the latest Apple TV below for those looking for a quick overview.
What’s new with the latest Apple TV:
- A15 Bionic chip: The new Apple TV features the A15 Bionic chip for up to 50% faster performance than the previous model with the A12 Bionic chip. Apple says this results in better responsiveness and faster browsing. Apple adds that graphics performance is up to 30% faster for smoother gaming.
- 4 GB of RAM: The new Apple TV is equipped with 4 GB of RAM, compared to 3 GB in the previous model, for better responsiveness.
- 128 GB storage option: The new Apple TV is available with up to 128 GB of storage, compared to a maximum of 64 GB for the previous model.
- HDR10+ support: In addition to Dolby Vision, the new Apple TV now supports HDR10+ content in supported apps.
- Siri remote with USB-C port: The new Siri Remote has a USB-C port instead of Lightning for charging.
- Thinner and lighter design: Apple says the increased power efficiency of the A15 Bionic chip has removed the internal fan from the new Apple TV, giving the device a more compact design that’s about 12% thinner and about 50% lighter than the previous model.
- No more “TV” branding on the top: The new Apple TV no longer has “TV” printed on the top of the device and simply has a centered Apple logo.
- Reduced price : The new Apple TV starts at $129 with 64GB of storage, while the previous model started at $179 with 32GB of storage. Although you have to spend $149 to get an Ethernet port, Thread support and 128GB of storage, it’s still cheaper than any of last year’s models.
- No charging cable in the box: The new Apple TV comes without a charging cable in the box for the Siri Remote, except in Brazil. Apple sells a new woven USB-C cable separately for $19.
- Packaging changes: The new Apple TV comes in a slightly more rectangular box which no longer has an outer plastic film.
The new Apple TV 4K is available to order now and will launch Friday, November 4 in the US and more than 30 other countries.
Gurman: New iPad Pro M2 models to be announced ‘within days’
Apple will announce new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models in “a few days,” respected Bloomberg reporter Mark Gurman said today in his latest Power On newsletter. The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch models, named J617 and J620, will be the first high-end iPad update since April 2021, where both models got the M1 chip and a new 12-inch mini-LED. .9 inches. display. For their…
Gurman: Apple will announce a new iPad Pro with M2 chip on Tuesday
Apple plans to announce new iPad Pro models with the M2 chip this Tuesday, October 18, according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman. Gurman previously said the updated 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models would be announced “in a few days, and he’s since reduced the timeline to tomorrow.” The announcement will likely come in the form of an Apple Newsroom press release. New key…
Apple announces new Apple TV 4K with A15 Bionic Chip and HDR10+ for $129
Apple today announced an updated Apple TV 4K model with the A15 Bionic chip, HDR10+ support, and an updated Siri Remote, for a starting price of $129. The A15 Bionic chip gives the Apple TV 4K “faster performance and smoother gameplay,” according to Apple. The A15’s efficiency gains allow Apple TV to deliver a thinner, lighter, fanless design for the first time, and it uses…
Next 11-inch iPad Pro rumored to miss mini LED display
The next 11-inch iPad Pro will feature the same Liquid Retina LED display as the current-gen model and not the new mini-LED display technology found in the larger 12.9-inch size, the analyst said today. Ross Young’s reliable display. Responding in a tweet, Young reaffirmed previous rumors that the upcoming 11-inch iPad Pro won’t get the new mini-LED display technology,…
Apple Store down ahead of alleged new iPad Pro announcement
Apple’s online storefront dropped ahead of the expected announcement of new iPad models via a press release. During the online store’s closure, Apple CEO Tim Cook apparently tweeted a teaser for a new product announcement with the hashtag “#TakeNote,” which may allude to the Apple Pencil and capabilities. iPad note-taking: the possibilities are endless. #TakeNote pic.twitter.c…
Apple unveils 10th generation iPad with a complete redesign, 10.9-inch screen, USB-C and more
Apple today announced the 10th generation iPad, featuring the A14 Bionic chip and a complete redesign with a range of color options. The 10th generation iPad features an all-new design with flat sides and a larger 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display like the iPad Air. The device now has a Touch ID side button and is available in blue, pink, silver, and yellow. The iPad wins the A14 Bionic…
Apple acknowledges ‘SIM not supported’ bug affecting iPhone 14 users
Apple has acknowledged another iOS 16 bug affecting iPhone 14 customers, this time related to cellular data and SIM card support. In a note seen by MacRumors, Apple acknowledges that some iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max users may see a message saying “SIM not supported appear on their device. After displaying the pop-up message, the…
10th Gen iPad case with Apple Pencil 2 support appears on target
A third-party case for the 10th generation iPad appears to have gone on sale early at a Target store in the United States. Twitter user @roeeban today shared photos of a folio for an unreleased 2022 version of the entry-level iPad. The folio is designed by famed accessory maker Speck, which has been making cases for Apple products for over a decade and likely has sources…
#features #introduced #Apple